The Doctrine of God
As Pentecostals we believe that there is a God who reigns supreme over all creation. At the heart of everything we believe and practice is our faith in the existence of God and our knowledge of who he is and what he expects of us. Today we shall examine several biblical truths regarding God and his attributes.
I. God Is
- A. The Bible makes no attempt to prove the existence of God; it simply assumes the existence of God.
- a.Genesis 1:1, In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
- B. Only a fool would, after observing the irrefutable evidence of creation, deny the existence of God.
- a. Psalm 14:1, The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God…
- b. Romans 1:20, For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse…
- C. Before a man or woman can successfully approach God, he or she must be convinced of the following two things:
- 1) God exists
- 2) He will reward those who earnestly seek Him
- Hebrews 11:6, But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.