Take Heed How You Hear
- INTRODUCTION - THE EPISTLE TO THE HEBREWS
- It’s Author
-The Epistle to the Hebrews is one that has an angle to it that most of the other New Testament epistles do not have. It was written by someone who had a great understanding of the Mosaic Law and the practices that surrounded it.
-There are many scholars who have attributed the Hebrew letter to Paul. However there are some matters in this letter that would lead us to believe the he did not write it.
- Nowhere does he name himself in the letter as he did with his other epistles.
- The writing style of the letter is much different from what his other epistles are.
-What we do know is that the readers of the letter did know who was writing it:
- Hebrews 13:18 - Pray for us!
- Hebrews 13:22 - I have written a letter to you.
- Hebrews 13:24 - Salute all them that have rule over you.
-There is another clue that we look to in Hebrews 2:3 that helps us to see another facet of the picture:
Hebrews 2:3 KJV How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;