Although little is preached or taught on angels, it is an important Bible subject, extending from Genesis to Revelation. It is beneficial for us to study about angels.
- The Bible refers to angels 294 times. There are 32 appearances to specific people, and in some cases, they appeared more than once, for a total of 104 appearances.
- The work and ministry of angels are of incalculable value. As the days go by, we may not realize how they minister to us and in how many ways.
- Understanding something about angels and their work, both present and future, is an exciting study.
I. ORIGIN OF ANGELS
After we have developed a basic knowledge of the Scriptures and some insight into God’s plan of the ages, the following is obvious:
- Angels are created beings; they are not begotten (Hebrews 1:5, 13-14).
- Apparently, God created the angels before the heavens and earth. (Job 1:6; 2:1; 38:4- 7).
- God’s Word clearly states that angels are spirits (Psalm 104:4; Hebrews 1:7,14).