A Man of Conviction
I Kings 18:17-20 KJV And it came to pass, when Ahab saw Elijah, that Ahab said unto him, Art thou he that troubleth Israel?  And he answered, I have not troubled Israel; but thou, and thy father's house, in that ye have forsaken the commandments of the LORD, and thou hast followed Baalim.  Now therefore send, and gather to me all Israel unto mount Carmel, and the prophets of Baal four hundred and fifty, and the prophets of the groves four hundred, which eat at Jezebel's table.  So Ahab sent unto all the children of Israel, and gathered the prophets together unto mount Carmel.
- INTRODUCTION - CONVICTION
-Conviction in the heart of a man of God will do things to him that causes him to be a clarion voice to all of those who oppose the works and ways of God.
- Gives a man boldness.
- Helps him have the power to say ‘no’ to the mob.
- Adds strong passion to what he believes in.
- Gives him energy to climb uphill against the odds.
- It will cause disregard for the enemies of your beliefs.
- Will force a man to defeat his own discouragements within so he can build up without.
- It will cause you to have pity on the poor souls who never even taste what conviction will do for them.
Winston Churchill - You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Howard Zinn - You can’t be neutral on a moving train.